In the course of using this Website or availing the services offered on the Website vide the online application forms, communication services etc., the Company or Safari and its Affiliates may become privy to the personal information of the Users, including information that is of a confidential nature.
What personal information safari gathers & why ?
The Information (which shall also include data) provided by You to Safari or collected from You by Safari may consist of "Personal Information" and "Non-Personal Information".
1.1 Personal Information
- Your address,
- Your telephone number,
- Your e-mail address or other contact information,
- Your date of birth,
- Your gender,
- Information regarding your transactions on the Website, (including sales or purchase history),
- Your financial information such as bank account information or credit card or debit card or other payment instrument details,
- Internet Protocol address,
- Any other items of "sensitive personal data or information" as such term is defined under the Information Technology (Reasonable Security Practices and Procedures and Sensitive Personal Data of Information) Rules, 2011 enacted under the Information Technology Act, 2000;
- Identification code of your communication device which You use to access the Website or otherwise deal with Safari, and
- Any other Information that You provide during Your registration process, if any, on the Website.
Such Personal Information may be collected in various ways including during the course of You:
- registering as a user on the Website,
- registering as a seller on the Website,
- availing certain services offered on the Website. Such instances include but are not limited to making an offer for sale, online purchase, participating in any online survey or contest, communicating with Safari’s customer service by phone, email or otherwise or posting user reviews on the items available on the Website, or
- otherwise doing business on the Website or otherwise dealing with any Safari entity.
1.2 Non-Personal Information
Safari may also collect information other than Personal Information from You through the Website when You visit and / or use the Website. Such information may be stored in server logs. This Non-Personal Information would not assist Safari to identify You personally.
This Non-Personal Information may include:
- Your geographic location,
- details of Your telecom service provider or internet service provider,
- the type of browser (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Opera, Google Chrome etc.),
- the operating system of Your system, device and the Website You last visited before visiting the Website,
- The duration of Your stay on the Website is also stored in the session along with the date and time of Your access,
Ads: Safari may use third-party service providers to serve ads on behalf of Safari across the internet and sometimes on the Website. They may collect Non- Personal Information about Your visits to the Website, and Your interaction with our products and services on the Website.
You hereby represent to safari that
- The Information you provide to Safari from time to time is and shall be authentic, correct, current and updated and You have all the rights, permissions and consents as may be required to provide such Information to Safari.
- Your providing the Information to Safari's consequent storage, collection, usage, transfer, access or processing of the same shall not be in violation of any third party agreement, laws, charter documents, judgments, orders and decrees.
Your Information will primarily be stored in electronic form however certain data can also be stored in physical form. We may enter into agreements with third parties (in or outside of India) to store or process your information or data. These third parties may have their own security standards to safeguard your information or data and we will on commercial reasonable basis require from such third parties to adopt reasonable security standards to safeguard your information / data.
Cookies from the website:
Web Cookies are small pieces of data sent by the Website and they are stored by your browser on your computer’s hardrive, so that we are able to recognize your browser when you return on the Website and that allow your preferences to be recorded when visiting the Website.
The Site uses technology from Google Analytics through which data is collected and stored for marketing and optimization purposes and data use profiles are prepared under a pseudonym. Cookies may be used for this. The cookies enable recognition of the Internet browser. The data collected with these technologies is not used, without separate authorization by the person concerned, to personally identify the visitors to this Website and is not collated with personal data on the pseudonym holder. The permission for data recording and storage may at any time be cancelled with on-going effect.
Does safari share the information it receives?
We do not sell or rent your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes without your explicit consent. We may combine your information with information we collect from other companies and use it to improve and personalize our services, content and advertising. If you do not wish to receive marketing communications from us or participate in our ad-customization programs, simply indicate your preference once you sign-on in this Website or by following the directions provided in an email or from a link on the advertisement. Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling it to others.
- Third-Party Service Providers: We may employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include sending postal mails or e-mails, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analysing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), providing customer service etc. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but will not use it for other purposes.
- Promotional Offers: Sometimes we may send offers to selected groups of the Company's customers on behalf of other party. When we do this, we do not give that party your name and address.
- Protection of the Company and Others: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate or mandatory to comply with the law; enforce or apply our Conditions of Use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction. However, this does not include selling, renting, sharing, or otherwise disclosing personally identifiable information from customers for commercial purposes in violation of the commitments set forth in this Privacy Notice.
- With Your Consent: Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
Who has access to your data
Safari uses third parties for certain processing activities, such as Website hosting. As far as these third parties have access to Personal Data in order to execute these processing activities, we have taken the required organizational and contractual measures to ensure that your Personal Data is exclusively processed for the purposes mentioned above. Only if we are required to do so by law, your Personal Data will be provided to supervisory agencies, fiscal authorities and investigative agencies.
Now and then, Safari may organize a prize contest, promotion or games of chance in co-operation with a third party. In such a case, this will be stated clearly on the Website. If you participate in such a prize contest, event or games of chance, your Personal Data will (to the extent required) be made available to these third parties, to the extent of necessity.
Third-Party Advertisers and Links to Other Websites
Which Information Can I Access?
The site gives you access to a broad range of information about your account and your interactions on the site for the limited purpose of viewing and, in certain cases, updating that information. You must promptly update your personal information if it changes or is inaccurate.
What Choices Do I Have?
- As referred above, you can always choose not to provide information.
- You can add or update certain information on certain pages.
- If you do not want to receive e-mails or other mails from us, please adjust your Customer Communication Preferences. (If you do not want to receive Conditions of Use and other legal notices from us, such as this Privacy Notice, those notices will still govern your use of the site, and it is your responsibility to review them for changes.)
Activities Associated with User IDs
Your User ID is displayed throughout the Website and is therefore available to the public. All of your activities on our sites is traceable to your User ID. Notices are sent to other community members regarding suspicious activity and policy violations on our sites and refer to User IDs and specific items. Therefore, if you associate your name with your User ID, the people to whom you have revealed your name will be able to personally identify your activities on the site.
Your Personal Data are treated strictly confidential. To this purpose, Safari uses several security techniques including secure servers, firewalls and encryptions, as well as physical safeguard of the locations where the data are stored. We have in place appropriate administrative, technical, physical safeguards and security measures to protect the Personal Data you provide on this Website against accidental, unauthorized or unlawful loss, destruction, damage, alteration, access, disclosure or use and any other unlawful forms of processing. When we collect data through the Site, we collect your personal details on a secure server. We use firewalls on our servers. When we collect payment card details electronically, we use encryption by using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) coding. Whilst we are unable to guarantee 100% security, this makes it hard for a hacker to decrypt your details. You are strongly recommended not to send full credit or debit card details in unencrypted electronic communications with us. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage and disclosure of your information. Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we disclose personal information to you. You are responsible for protecting against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer.
In accordance with Information Technology Act 2000 and rules made there under, the name and contact details of the Grievance Officer are provided below:
The Grievance Officer
Safari Lifestyles Ltd.
The Qube, CTS NO. 1498,
M.V. Road, Marol, Andheri (EAST),
Mumbai - 400059 India
Your responsibility for the information you provide
You may complete a registration process as part of your use of this Website which may include the creation of a username, password and/or other identification information. Any username, password and/or other identification information must be kept confidential by you and must not be disclosed to, or shared with, anyone. Where you do disclose to or share with anyone your username, password and/or other identification information, you are solely responsible for all activities undertaken on this Website using your username, password and/or other identification information.
You must check and ensure that all information, content, material or data you provide on this Website is correct, complete, accurate and not misleading and that you disclose all relevant facts. By this we can ensure you best services from our end as per your requirement and need.
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your login id and password
Safari shall only be liable for the actual and direct losses suffered by you as a result of access or use of this Website, subject to the maximum limit of the amount paid by you for the purchase of the respective products from this Website.
You or we may suspend or terminate your account or your use of this Website at any time, for any reason or for no reason. You are personally liable for any orders placed or charges incurred through your account prior to termination. We reserve the right to change, suspend, or discontinue all or any aspect of this Web Site at any time without notice.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold Safari harmless from and against any and all claims, damages, costs, and expenses, including attorneys’ fees, arising from or related to your use of the Site.
Some styles or colours of the products in this website may not be available. Due to the individual’s monitor, the actual colours of the products displayed are not guaranteed. We have made every effort to accurately display the true colours of the products on this site. Furthermore, the designs, colours, and prices are subject to change without notice.
Whenever there is a chance to our privacy and security policy we post updates on our wensite